Odujinrin & Adefulu’s Corporate Finance & Banking Team consists of a team of energetic and innovative lawyers who are constantly looking for commercially pragmatic ways to represent our clients. Our team is well versed in the practice as well as the business of the law, so this puts us in a curiously advantageous position to provide innovative solutions to clients. We represent clients in matters relating to the debt & equity Capital Market, bank lending (ranging from bilateral to syndicated lending), acquisition finance, structured trade finance, mergers & acquisitions and project finance.
As is with our firm culture, we endeavour to provide timely, efficient, commercially-minded and innovative answers to our client’s matters. As a result of our long-standing practice, we have represented lenders, borrowers, arrangers, sponsors, Government, issuers, trustees etc, so we have a true appreciation of the peculiar issues which representing each party entails and our team has been able to bring this experience to bear on our transactions.
Major Engagements Include:
- Acted as Lender’s counsel in a US$550 Million Syndicated Amortised Oil Export Backed Term Loan Facility granted to a foremost indigenous oil and gas company;
- Acted as Solicitors to the Trustees in a major Nigerian Bank’s N200 Billion Bond Issuance Programme;
- Acted as Solicitors to the Lender in a US$62 Million Loan Facility granted in favour of a major telecommunications company;
- Acted as Solicitors to the Issue in a Nigerian insurance company’s offer for subscription of N4 Billion 12% Unsecured Convertible Debenture Stock 2013 and Rights Issue;
- Advised the Lenders on a US$21.4 Million Bridge Facility to a major business conglomerate;
- Acted as Solicitors to the Trustees in a major cement manufacturer’s N50 Billion Bond Issuance Programme; and
- Advised an indigenous oil and gas company in its US$67 Million financing for acquisition of its interest in an oil bloc.
The firm acts as company secretary to a number of companies registered in Nigeria and the Company Secretarial Services Team advises a number of local and foreign clients on corporate matters which affect their daily operations vis-à-vis Nigerian company laws. These services range from matters pertaining to incorporation, corporate restructuring, mandatory filings, meetings, winding-up, immigration, labour laws etc.
Having served a number of local and multi-national organisations on varied number of transactions relating to company secretarial matters, our lawyers have developed significant expertise in matters relating to the regulatory matters involved in company operations. We have a thorough understanding of Nigerian law and regulation relating to this sector and a good working relationship with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigerian Stock Exchange, Nigerian Immigration Service etc.
We create processes to monitor our clients’ compliance with the law and their own established codes of conduct and policies. We also assist our clients by setting up compliance programmes with relevant legislation as well as Nigeria’s code of corporate governance and consistently monitor the company’s progress in meeting them.
The Commercial practice of the firm is the back-bone of the firm’s corporate practice as it spans a wide range of services delivery options for clients. The firm has developed this practice over the 40 plus years of its existence and has commensurate experience in matters relating to corporate and commercial transactions including cross-border transactions, foreign direct investments, corporate divestments, tax advisory, corporate restructuring and mergers & acquisitions.
This practice group serves as the “go-to” practice for a lot of our corporate clients and within which are located a highly experienced team of lawyers who are well versed in efficient service delivery of the highest standards. This service delivery ethos, has consistently served our clients well as the team always delivers within the required timeframe, to enable our clients achieve their business objectives.