T: +234 9 782 2684
M: +234 802 328 1396
Damilola Adetunji is a partner and head of Odujinrin & Adefulu’s Corporate, Capital markets and Finance Team. Damilola has been particularly commended for her profound expertise in areas relating to corporate finance, project finance, capital markets, international business transactions, banking and tax advisory. Having advised various national and international clients on high profile commercial/corporate transactions, she has developed a keen understanding of the policy, legal and regulatory frameworks relating to loan documentation, tax regulatory issues and all aspects of business operations, including the capital market, in Nigeria.
Some of her recent transactions include:
- Advising the syndicate lenders in a US$120 Million Power Purchase Pre-Financing facility for the acquisition of 100% interest in a Nigerian electricity generation company serving South-West, Nigeria.
- Advising as joint solicitor to the trustees in a N55 Billion Bond Issuance Programme by a Nigerian State Government.
- Advising as Lender’s Nigerian transaction counsel to an international multilateral financial institution in a US$62 Million term facility to an international entity desirous of investing in telecommunications in Nigeria.
- Advising a Nigerian company and its Turkish partners in the acquisition of one of the recently privatised electricity distribution companies in Northern Nigeria.
- Advising as Lender’s Nigerian transaction counsel to an international financial institution in a US$80.5 Million dual tranche syndicated oil contract pre-financing facility to a drilling company in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
Damilola holds a first degree in law from the University of Buckingham (UK) and a master’s degree from the Harvard Law School (USA). She is qualified to practice in the State of New York and Nigeria. She is also a member of the Nigerian Bar Association as well as the International Bar Association.
“Damilola Adetunji…is lauded for her very good grasp of the commercial side of things…” - Chambers & Partners 2013
Damilola is recognised as a leading lawyer in Nigeria by Chambers & Partners international legal directory & the International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR 1000) whilst her work receives significant comments in various international publications including The Legal 500.