Odujinrin & Adefulu has a vibrant litigation and dispute resolution practice with experience in all superior courts of record in Nigeria.
Over the years, we have distinguished ourselves by rigorously pursuing our objectives which ensure expedited and cost efficient outcomes for our clients in general. The scope of our expertise includes representing commercial clients in civil suits, participating as counsel in arbitral proceedings, mediation of disputes, debt recovery and conducting legal audit on clients’ litigation files.
Our team of lawyers demonstrates vast knowledge of the law both at the trial and appellate courts in Nigeria. Our competence in court proceedings is equally demonstrated by our vast knowledge in arbitral proceedings which we have garnered due to our frequent involvement in proceedings of such nature.
The successes recorded by our firm in this area of practice are made possible by our excellent team whose primary focus is client satisfaction. We currently service clients in the manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, real estate and financial sectors among others as well as various government agencies.
Representative matters include:
- The firm is representing a public corporation in a N523 Million environmental pollution suit wherein a community is claiming damages against the corporation for pollution and destruction of its farmlands and waterways.
- The firm is acting for a major financial institution in a debt recovery action in which the institution is seeking to recover the sum of N84 Million from the borrower.
- We are representing a public corporation in debt recovery matter for the sum of N116 Million which was purchased as a non-performing asset from a leading financial institution.
- We are representing a leading telecommunications company in an action for N230 Million damages for wrongful erection of telecommunications masts and other equipment. The Claimant is challenging the location and refusal to obtain the relevant permits required to erect a telecommunications tower.
- The firm is currently offering legal advice to a Nigerian oil and gas company in an arbitration proceeding involving a public corporation. The arbitration was instituted to determine a contractual dispute over the payment of the sum of N207 Million by the company.
- The firm is acting as counsel to a multinational company in an action for wrongful termination of contract of employment of its staff.
- We are acting for a major cement manufacturing company in several land matters bordering on compulsory acquisition of land and trespass in some parts Ogun State, Nigeria.
- The firm recently negotiated an out of court settlement of a tax claim of N200 Million on behalf of a leading manufacturing company.The firm is acting as defence Counsel in a patent right suit involving a claim of over N200 Million.
Chambers & Partners
The Firm is ranked on the Chambers and Partners Corporate Commercial/Dispute Resolution Profile on Nigeria.
“Clients appreciate the team’s proactive and customer-oriented approach.”
Odujinrin & Adefulu’s Adeyemi Adefulu is recommended for commercial litigation and ADR.
“Adefulu’s experience includes acting for an exploration and production company in relation to a breach of contract dispute; and assisting in an environmental pollution case.”