T: +234 1 271 4961-2
M: +234 802 224 0888
Dr. Adeoye Adefulu
Dr Adeoye Adefulu is a partner and head of Odujinrin & Adefulu’s Energy Practice & Real Estate and Mining Teams. He is also an active member of the Corporate, Capital markets & Finance team. Adeoye has a broad range of experience on oil, gas and power matters and is widely regarded as one of Nigeria’s leading energy lawyers.
Recent experience includes:
- Advised a Nigerian company in the acquisition of a direct interest in a producing oil mining lease in the Niger Delta.
- Advised a Nigerian company and its Turkish partners in the acquisition of a privatised electricity distribution companies in Northern Nigeria.
- Advising the Federal Government of Nigeria in structuring the private public participation framework for 3 hydro-electric dams in Northern Nigeria.
- Coordinating counsel across 13 African jurisdictions in providing advice to an international oil and gas trading outfit.
- Advising various private sector entities and public officials on various aspects of the Petroleum Industry Bill.
- Member of the Senate's Technical Committee on Petroleum Industry Reforms (responsible for drafting the five petroleum industry reform bills).
- Member of the team advising the Ministry of Petroleum Resources on developing the Roadmap for the implementation of the Single Industry Petroleum Regulatory Commission.
- Advising an indigenous petroleum company on a landmark investment of almost US$800 million in the development of brownfield petroleum fields.
- Advising on a private equity acquisition of an oil and gas terminal in Lagos.
Adeoye is an accomplished speaker and speaks regularly at local & international fora on energy matters. He is the Managing Editor of petroleumindustrybill.com, the only website dedicated to providing up to date news, analysis and information on Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill.
Adeoye holds a first degree in law from the University of Lagos and a masters & doctorate from the University of Dundee, where he studied at the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law & Policy. He is Chairman of the Training Committee of the Section on Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association, member of Ikoyi Club and the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
- Adeoye is consistently ranked as one of Nigeria’s leading energy lawyers in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR 1000.
- Adeoye Adefulu … “is valued for his calm disposition and vast knowledge of what goes on in the industry as well as his remarkable commitment to meeting set deadlines”.
- The “timely and effective” Adeoye Adefulu is a “joy to work with; he is technically strong, has detailed knowledge of the energy sector and provides clear advice”.