T: +234 1 271 4961-2
M: +234 809 992 7409
Olubukola Olabiyi (“Bukki”) is a Partner in the Corporate, Capital Market and Finance team with vast professional experience in the general practice of law with extensive experience in matters relating to corporate and commercial law as well as corporate finance. She leads the unit responsible for the provision of corporate services to clients at the firm and has advised both national and international clients on varied number of transactions. Bukki has developed a keen understanding of the policy, legal and regulatory frameworks regarding general corporate/commercial matters.
Bukki’s recent transactions include:
- Supervising the team that is advising the trustees in a N55 Billion Bond Issuance Programme by a State;
- Supervised the team that advised the borrower in the US$63 Million Facility for the purpose of acquiring a significant interest in an Oil Mining Lease;
- Supervising the team that advises international parent companies on legal compliance requirements of their local subsidiaries vis-à-vis Nigerian company law;
- Member of the team that advised a foremost Nigerian indigenous conglomerate on various legal and regulatory compliance issues and contractual arrangements in relation to its proposed acquisition of a number of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN)’s successor companies; and
- Supervised the team that advised the trustees in Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria Plc’s N50 Billion Bond Issuance Programme.
Bukki obtained a degree in law from the UNIVERSITY OF BUCKINGHAM, and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2006. She is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
Recommended lawyer in Legal 500 (2012) for Corporate and Finance practice
- Co-Author for the Nigerian submission to the International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) 2012, Project Finance Edition.
- Oil Refinery Privatisation Initiatives Suffer Setbacks (Published October 31st 2007 by International Law Office).
- Central Bank Issues New Guidelines On Bank Mergers (Published January 30th 2008 by International Law Office).
- Central Bank Restricts Foreign M&A Activity In Banking Sector (Published July 9th 2008 by International Law Office).
- Debate Surrounds Possible Privatisation Of Petroleum And Gas Companies (Published November 5th 2008 by International Law Office).