Intellectual Property & Technology
The practice group helps combine its expertise and in-depth local knowledge of specific industry sectors such as pharmaceutical and general consumer products, telecommunications, information technology, Food & Beverage and the media to provide specialized advice to clients. We assist our clients with the registration, renewal and defence of their patent and designs at the relevant registries as well as with the issuance of legal opinions on varied patent and designs issues.
Services on a number of Intellectual Property (IP) matters, including, the registration, use and enforcement of trademarks, copyright, patents, industrial design and trade secrets, licensing, technology transfer (interfacing with the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion).
We also represent leading technology companies in their international and local trademark, design and patent disputes at the various courts of record in Nigeria.
Some of our IP services we offer includes but not limited to the following:
- Conducting searches for availability of trademarks
- Filing trademark applications for trademark registration
- Handling trademark matters, including renewal and cancellation
- Conducting opposition proceeding
- Conducting due diligence on the ownership of intellectual property rights
- Providing services designed to protect trade and software secrets
- Processing patent applications
- Representing clients in intellectual property rights litigation and dispute resolution
- Drafting, reviewing, and amending documents related to intellectual property rights