Jide Babalola is a Managing Associate in the firm’s Corporate Finance Team. He is versed in different aspects of commercial transactions especially in areas relating to banking and finance, project finance, capital markets and corporate finance.
He has been involved in the following transactions:
- Supervised the team that advised a lender in a US$300 million acquisition facility advanced to acquire a significant stake in a top tier Nigerian bank.
- Supervised the team that advised a lender in a cumulative US$600 million facilities advanced to 5 Nigerian banks structured to assist in mitigating the negative impact of Covid 19.
- Supervised the team that advised the purchasers in a €260 million senior secured notes transaction.
- Supervised the team that advised the Nigerian book runner in the issuance of up to US$6,183,081,643.40 Eurobonds issuance programme by the Nigerian government.
- Supervising the team advising an international investment fund in a US$ 8 million bridge facility granted to a Nigerian micro-finance bank.
Jide graduated the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife where he obtained a Bachelors degree in law. He is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (UK).
Teamwork And the Survival Of Law Firms
- SMDF – A Path to Resuscitating the Solid Minerals Sector
- Project Bonds as A Finance Tool: Nigerian Law Perspective
- Payment In Kind Investments/facilities As A Viable Finance Option
- Priority Of A Floating Charge Under The Companies And Allied Matters Act
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) – A Nigerian Perspective