Chief Oladipo Odujinrin and Prince Adeyemi Adefulu have been pioneers in the legal industry.
Adeyemi Adefulu MFR is a Senior Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution Team.
Adeyemi is a seasoned litigator and has carved a niche for himself as a foremost Legal Practitioner and Statesman. Adeyemi has over 41 years’ experience of legal practice in Nigeria. His core area of practice includes commercial litigation, general civil litigation matters and ADR with added expertise in issues relating to Maritime, Aviation, Insurance, Environmental, and Government Relations.
Over the years Adeyemi has successfully represented:
- Leading financial institutions.
- International oil companies; and
- Multinational institutions
In relation to a wide variety of disputes.
Adeyemi was educated at the University of Lagos (LLB, honours). He is a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (admitted November 1972). Adeyemi was conferred with one of Nigeria’s highest honours, the Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR) in the year 2008, this honour was conferred in recognition of his services to the development of the legal industry in Nigeria.
He is a member of the Nigeria Bar Association and a member of the International Bar Association.
He is listed as a leading litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution practitioner in The Legal 500.
Oladipo Odujinrin MFR is a Founding Partner of the firm. Oladipo is an accomplished legal practitioner and statesman with over 43 years of practice experience providing a range of specialist legal services with particular emphasis on capital markets, corporate and commercial law, banking and corporate finance, project finance and privatisation
Some of Oladipo’s transactions include:
- Advised the team advising as transaction counsel in a USD 150 million facility to a major oil and gas company in Nigeria.
- Led the team advising an international financial institution, as transaction counsel, in a USD 80.5 Million Dual Tranche Syndicated Oil Contract pre-financing facility to a drilling company in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
- Led the legal team which successfully represented Skyway Aviation Handling Company Ltd in its negotiation for the purchase of the Federal Government owned Skypower Aviation Handling Company Limited.
- Advising on legal matters pertaining to the construction of captive power plants in south west Nigeria.
- Legal Team Leader on the Ogun State Water Project. Conducted review of the current legislation (State, Federal and International) affecting the Ogun State Water Corporation; Supervised the preparation of the Legal and Regulatory Framework Report submitted to the client; Advised the Technical Team on the legal issues arising in the course of the project.
- Oladipo attended the University of Lagos and Harvard Law School, Cambridge Massachusetts, where he received several awards for academic excellence. Oladipo was conferred with one of Nigeria’s highest honours, the Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR) in the year 2008, this honour was conferred in recognition of his services to the development of the legal industry in Nigeria.
- He is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, American Bar Association, International Bar Association, Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce, and the Capital Market Solicitors Association (Nigeria).
He is listed as a leading corporate and commercial practitioner in the Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal as a leading Mergers and acquisition lawyer. Oladipo has also been listed among the leading lawyers in Nigeria by IFLR 1000 the guide to the world’s leading financial law firms to the legal profession.