Ugochukwu Ken-Ahukannah is an Associate and a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Corporate/Commercial and Capital Markets teams. He has actively participated in advising local and international clients across various sectors and has significant experience and understanding of different aspects of commercial transactions, especially in areas relating to construction & mining, company secretarial services, property acquisition, competition law, regulatory & compliance matters and mergers/acquisitions.
He has recently been involved in the following transactions;
- Primary member of the team advising a Nigerian real estate & construction company on the construction of a multi-billion Naira mixed-use development and the first-of-its-kind media production facility in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Member of the team that advised a Nigerian private equity consortium in the N5.7 billion acquisition of a Nigerian retail supermarket chain
- Member of the team that advised a Nigerian private equity consortium in the multi-million dollar acquisition of a Nigerian commodities manufacturer
- Key member of the team that advised a private consortium in the multi-billion Naira acquisition of a world-class tank farm in the southwest region of Nigeria
- Member of the team that advised a major mining company in the multi-billion Naira sale of its corporate office facilities in Lagos Nigeria
- Maximizing the financial value of your business with a good trademark strategy
- Understanding “improperly” executed contracts by companies in 9 minutes
- Roadblocks to modern legal practice
- Economic growth and enterprise in Nigeria: A look at the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act
- 6 simple tips on how to ask for advice
- A story from the 13th annual NBA-SBL annual business law conference
Kenneth obtained his first degree from Abia State University with a Second Class (Upper Division) and was called to the Nigerian Bar in October 2015. He served as the Assistant Secretary of the Young Lawyers Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law from 2017 – 2019.